Monday, June 11, 2007

"Booze Ooze"



When I first read the email, I thought "oh, dear - another one of those horrid fear monger tales..." We've all read them - hypodermic needles in gas pump handles, perfume samples that are really ether in disguise (I don't think it would be all that easy for assailants to find liquid ether these days...).

I wandered over to where I always go to check out the truth in these tales - Snopes.com Urban Legends page and well, there it was. With some exaggeration, this tale is true. And I'm afraid I'm as guilty as the next grandma of leaving the hand sanitizer sitting right on the sink next to the soap. I carry a small bottle in my purse for cleaning hands when we're away from home. I never even thought of it being a hazard to our children.

I would still recommend the hand gel for inclusion in every Grammy's arsenal against germs, but from now on, I'll keep it safely out of reach.

Please read the warnings here and put the Purell in a safe place!